All you need to know About Republic day
India achieved independence from British on 15 August 1947 by non-violent and peacefully.
Every year 26 January is celebrated as Republic day because on 26 January 1950 (2 years 5 months 12 days after independence )Constitution of India came into the picture.This special day was chosen because in 1930 (17 years before independence)on that very day the movement for complete Indian Independence from British was officially declared by INC(One of the biggest political party at that time). On August 28, 1947 (13 days after independence), a committee was set up for writing the permanent constitution and Dr. B R Ambedkar was appointed as a chairman of that committee. The first draft was prepared on 4th November 1947(2 months 21 days after independence) and sent to assembly. Many revisions were made and on 24 January 1950(2 years 5 months 10 days after independence), 308 members of assembly finalized and signed the draft and after two days 26 January 1950(2 years 5 months 12 days after independence) Constitution of India came into the picture.
know more about republic day from here
Republic day 2018 guests
- Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah,Brunei
- Prime Minister Hun Sen,Cambodia
- President Joko Widodo,Indonesia
- Prime Minister Thongloun Sisoulith,Laos
- Prime Minister Najib Razak,Malaysia
- President Htin Kyaw,Myanmar
- President Rodrigo Roa Duterte,Philippines
- President Halimah Yacob,Singapore
- Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha,Thailand
- Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc,Vietnam